
I‘m FINALLY back
Currently writing this blog during my geography class, which is probably not the most productive thing I could be doing right now… but honestly, I have more important things to worry about. Like updating you, obviously.
I’m sorry I didn’t write anything in the last couple of days. Life has been a little hectic and I had one of the biggest exams of this semester yesterday.
A two-hour chemistry exam. And it counts for 50% of our grade. Yes. Fifty. Percent.
AHHHHH. I genuinely died.
Like, I went into the exam thinking, okay, I studied, I know this stuff, I can do this. And then I opened the paper and immediately questioned every single life decision that had led me to that classroom.
It was HARD. Like actually hard.
But… I think it went well? At least I hope it did. There were definitely some questions where I just sat there thinking, What exactly am I supposed to do with this information? Especially the electrolysis questions. Why is electrolysis like that??
But overall, I think I did okay. I don’t want to get too confident because November is apparently when we get our grades back but I’m feeling a bit optimistic. At least it’s over. That is literally all I wanted.
Also, I have to tell you something:
People were eating DURING the exam.
During a TWO-HOUR CHEMISTRY EXAM. Like, full-on snacks. crunchy snacks.
Meanwhile, I’m sitting there trying to remember everything I know about electrolysis, and someone nearby is casually having lunch.
Maybe they knew something I didn’t. Maybe the secret to academic success is simply bringing a bag of chips. (man, I wish I had a free bag of chiupssss.)
I guess we‘ll never know. (Kanye reference lol)
Anyway, enough about chemistry before I start having war flashbacks...
---
I think I made a friend?!
Okay, so.
I have one class where I’m with a completely different group of people — art class.
And on the first day, I noticed there was another girl who, like me, wasn't with her friends. We were basically the two girls sitting there with absolutely no ONE.
So naturally…
She sat next to me.
And somehow, we started talking.
She was actually really shy at first, which is probably why I felt like I had to do what I always do and completely overshare within approximately five minutes of knowing her.
You guys know me...
I physically CANNOT have a normal amount of information about myself. But apparently it worked because she opened up really quickly too, and we just… clicked?
And then came the most beautiful friendship origin story imaginable. 🥹🥹
She told me she was in the same class as this one guy - someone I haven't even brought up on here yet, but trust me, he's a whole freaking story.
And I was like, Oh. I cannot stand him.
And she literally went:
“ME TOO.”
GIRL.
I HAVE NEVER FELT MORE UNDERSTOOD IN MY LIFE.
Apparently, god really said, here. Have a friend. You can bond over your mutual hatred of this one specific person.
So obviously I had to explain why I don’t like him and all the unnecessary drama he started.
And yes.
This is where I told her about how he called me a whore.
Which is especially funny considering I literally DO NOT leave the house half the time, but okay???
Sir, I am probably the LEAST whore-like person you could have chosen.
Anyway, she completely understood why I hated him, and somehow that conversation turned into us talking about everything.
I swear, some friendships take months to develop, and then sometimes you meet someone and within one conversation you’re like,
Oh. You’re my person now.
And I think that’s what happened here.
We’ve already had lunch together, and we’re getting lunch again on Friday (tomorrow), which I’m actually really excited about ♡
It’s such a small thing, but I’m really happy I met her.
Maybe senior year won’t be so terrifying after all.
Maybe I’ll actually make some memories worth remembering.
Maybe I’ll even SURVIVE chemistry.
(Okay, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.)
For now, I’m just happy.
Happy that this exam is over.
Happy that I have someone new to sit with in art.
Happy that Friday is coming.
Life has been feeling a little different lately.
In a good way.
Anyway, I should probably stop before this turns into A freaking NOVEL. Thank you for sticking around even when I disappear for a few days ♡
I promise I’ll try not to vanish again.
No promises though.
xoxo, NotLee ♡
im studying chemical engineering, and i get you! LOL i could help you and teach you everything you´d like on electrolysis <33
ReplyDeleteomg you’re the cutest!! 😭 the chemistry exam was actually our last one in that class, so i’ll never have chemistry in HS again 😭 but thank you so so much for the offer, that’s so sweet of you!! 💗
Delete